Connect your online services to eHerkenning
Reconi not only provides authentication tools, but also unlocks commercial/business websites through eHerkenning. Connecting to eHerkenning is relatively simple and very similar to connecting to iDeal. By using eHerkenning , you as a service provider know which company you are doing business with and whether the person acting is authorized to do business with you on behalf of the company.
Connecting a secure website to eHerkenning and soon eID offers companies great advantages, such as:
- No development and maintenance costs
- Risk & Compliance is taken care of
- Standardization of online services
- Safe & Reliable
- High availability
- Recognizable: maintaining your own user interface
The main principles of eHerkenning for service providers are:
- eRecognition credentials can be reused with different service providers
- Service providers can decide which assurance level (1 to 4) they require for their services
- With one connection to the network for eHerkenning , a service provider has access to all eRecognition resources and permissions available in the network
- Delivery by approved providers, who deliver their services in accordance with the Appointment System eHerkenning
- Supervision by the management organization eHerkenning, in which the government is represented
Is your organization already ready for online business across borders? The European eIDAS regulation goes into effect from September 2018. From then on, European citizens and companies must be able to log in to all Dutch public sector organizations using their own national login tool.
What is eIDAS?
European member states have made agreements regarding access to online services in other EU countries. These are laid down in the eIDAS Regulation (910/2014). The regulation stimulates cross-border services and trade between citizens and companies of European member states. This starts with reliable online identity verification at the front door.
For more information on eIDAS see: https://www.eherkenning.nl/join-eherkenning/eidas/
What does the eIDAS regulation mean for your organization?
For private parties, eIDAS regulation is optional. But it does offer you opportunities:
- Your employees will be able to log in to European public sector organizations with their eHerkenning from September 2018.
- For your secure website(s): Reconi can ensure that eHerkenning users and foreigners with an authorized eID can log into your secure website(s). Indeed, as an "eIDAS broker," Reconi is the party that can make your service Europe-proof.
If you are interested in connecting to eHerkenning (including a European connection) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 085 - 44 44 250.